TOLL-FREE PHONE: 1-866-539-5330
TOLL-FREE FAX: 1-866-539-5331

Buy Levora (called Minovral in Canada) Online

A prescription is required for this item.
No generic alternative is available at this time.
BRAND LISTING - Levora (called Minovral in Canada) (Ethinyl Estradiol/Levonorgestrel)
Dosage Pack Size & Price Qty
3 x 28 day

LEVORA (ETHINYL ESTRADIOL/LEVONORGESTREL)-called Minovral in Canada

About Levora

Levora , called Minovral in Canada, is an oral contraceptive medication that your doctor or gynecologist can prescribe to help prevent an unplanned pregnancy. The effectiveness of Levora is usually dependent upon user error so taking Levora at the same time every day should become part of your daily routine as this will assure your body is maintaining a steady level of these hormones.

How These Hormones Decrease Your Risk of Pregnancy

Levora contains two hormones; Ethinyl Estradiol is an estrogen and Levonorgestrel is a progestin. Together, these hormones will suppress ovulation so there is a low risk that eggs will be released. Levora also decreases your chance of conceiving by making your vaginal fluid thicker so sperm have the almost impossible task of trying to reach their goal, and the lining of your uterus becomes much thinner so a fertilized egg cannot be supported.

Other Conditions That Can Benefit From Levora

Although preventing an unplanned pregnancy is the main goal of taking Levora, some women may have other issues that can be taken care of as well. Having irregular or unpredictable menstrual cycles is bothersome, especially in the busy times we live in. You may find that you are always preparing for your period to show up unexpectedly, and this can make your life difficult when you cannot plan around it.

Painful periods, called dysmenorrhea, can incapacitate you for several days every month while you are trying to work or go to school. Ethinyl Estradiol/Levonorgestrel will regulate your cycles so you know exactly when it’s due, you aren’t in pain from the powerful cramping because ovulation has been suppressed, your menstrual cycle is lighter, and even your acne has started to clear up. However, Levora will not prevent you from getting sexually transmitted diseases.

Before You Take Levora

Discuss other medical conditions you have with your doctor and provide a list of current OTC and Rx drugs you take, including vitamin supplements and herbal remedies. This will allow your doctor to decide if Levora is the right contraceptive for your situation.

Precautions and Recommendations for Levora

If you are over the age of 35 and smoke, ask your doctor if it is safe to take Levora as these factors can increase the risk of a heart or stroke. Be certain that you are not pregnant before you start taking Levora. If this is the first time taking an oral contraceptive, you should use a back-up birth control during the first week until the medication takes effect.

Understand that with perfect use of Levora, you have a 99% chance of suppressing ovulation, meaning there is about a 1% chance that you could become pregnant; typical use is about 91% effective so a possible 9 out of every 100 women may become pregnant. Oral contraceptives do not guarantee the prevention of ovulation 100%.

Possible Side Effects of Levora

  • Breast tenderness
  • Headache
  • Changes in appetite or weight
  • A rise in blood pressure

Drugs Similar to Levora

The information provided on the NorthWestPharmacy.com website is intended to facilitate awareness about healthcare products and medical conditions generally but it is not a substitute for professional medical attention or advice. You should always speak with a qualified healthcare practitioner before taking any prescription or non-prescription drug.