Why Buy from a Canadian Pharmacy That Ships to the US?
online pharmacy customer service
A 2021 poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation found that six in ten American adults take at least one prescription drug. A quarter take four or more medications.
Eight in ten of the surveyed Americans say that the cost of prescription drugs is unreasonable.
Other recent reports back up their assessment. For example, one 2021 report found that Americans pay nearly 2.5 times more for prescription drugs than people in other countries.
Clearly, American patients need a more convenient and affordable way to get their medications.
Online pharmacies that ship medications from Canada to US homes can help Americans save money on their prescriptions.
Whether you’re looking for popular diabetes medications or affordable inhalers, NorthWestPharmacy.com’s extensive list of prescription meds are available to ship from Canada and internationally to the USA.
Here, we’ll discuss the benefits of buying your medications online from Canadian pharmacies, and how NorthWestPharmacy.com can help streamline the process.
3 Reasons to Use Canadian Pharmaceutical Companies that Ship to the USA
To many American patients, shipping medication from Canada to the United States may seem odd.
But there are several advantages to using this method. Here are the top 3 benefits of purchasing your prescription medications from Canadian pharmacies:
Online Canadian pharmacies are strictly regulated. Although purchasing your meds online may feel less protected than walking into a brick-and-mortar store, the opposite is true.
The for-profit American healthcare system and the unregulated (and skyrocketing) price of drugs doesn’t usually work out well for the patient at the pharmacy counter.
By purchasing your prescription medications through a certified Canadian International Pharmacy Association (CIPA) site, you benefit from heavily-regulated anti-price-gouging processes.
Online Canadian pharmacies and international ones like us invest heavily in customer service. One of the reasons people tend to favor traditional pharmacies is their attentive feel. Customers like knowing that they can speak to a pharmacist or get educated about their prescribed medications. But chain drugstores have become renowned for poor service and dangerous practices in recent years.
That’s why we go above and beyond to ensure that our customer service desk is staffed with friendly, knowledgeable representatives who can do everything from helping you order over the phone to navigating insurance issues and more.
(Check out our customer reviews to see how effective our dedication to exceptional service is! We are the most reviewed and independently five-star rated online pharmacy in the world.)
Online Canadian pharmacies source their medications safely. Patients may veer away from international pharmacies because they don’t know where their medications come from, but reputable international and Canadian pharmacies source medications under extremely stringent protocols and requirements.
To maintain CIPA certification, all drugs sourced and sold through NorthWestPharmacy.com are subject to vetting for safety and authenticity.
Working with an online Canadian pharmacy to ship your prescriptions to the US will save time and money – and reduce your stress with the entire process.
Interested in getting started? Here are the basics you need to know.
How to Get Mail-Order Prescription Drugs from Canada to the US: A Quick Guide
First things first: What are mail-order prescription drugs?
The pharmaceutical and healthcare industries are rife with complex definitions that can impact your customer experience.
You don’t need any further stress surrounding your healthcare – which is why we’re happy to report that mail-order prescription drugs are simple to understand and even simpler to use.
Mail-order prescription drugs are:
- Filled and then delivered to your home through the postal service. You don’t have to step out of your front door to fill a mail-order prescription.
- An accessible solution for people who require long-term prescriptions. For example, you can set up three-month supplies and recurring refill reminders instead of managing the logistics of sourcing medication in person every month for a chronic condition.
- Convenient for shorter-term prescriptions and over-the-counter medications, too. Whether you’re stocking up for allergy season or require a single-use prescription, NorthWestPharmacy.com will be ready to help you find what you need.
Order Medications from Canada to US In 3 Easy Steps
You can purchase your prescription drugs online in just three simple steps.
Our medication pages provide clear information about each drug’s use, side effects, and price.
Secondly, order your medications. You can do so online, over the phone, or via email, fax, or mail.
Finally, submit your prescription.
You can ask your doctor to send your prescription directly to us, or you can get it to us quickly through email, fax, mail, or by uploading it directly onto our site. We will even call your doctor to request a prescription for you if you would like.
No matter which way you prefer to order, you can ask for personalized support and attention through our seven-day-a-week customer service desk to help you through the process.
What to Consider Before Shipping Prescriptions from Canada to US
To ensure you’re choosing a safe, certified, and customer-focused online pharmacy, take these steps before placing an order:
- Make sure that the website you’re looking at only provides prescription drugs to patients with a licensed doctor’s prescription. (There are unscrupulous pharmacies that won’t require this, which is a significant safety issue and red flag.)
- Request information about the credentials of the online pharmacy. Reputable companies should have no issue giving you this information.
- Before placing an order, call the customer service team to touch base or ask a simple question. This will help you see if the team is easy to contact and well-informed about how best to serve you.
Finally, if you want reimbursement for your prescription medications through your insurance company, just tell a team member that you need a receipt for insurance purposes. While NorthWestPharmacy.com doesn’t work directly with insurance, we’re happy to give you the materials you need for reimbursement. It may be a good idea to check with your insurers in advance, just to ensure that they reimburse purchases made through our website.
Does the US Allow Prescription Drugs Shipments from Canada?
Americans have successfully been importing their prescription drugs from Canada using the following three basic guidelines for over two decades:
- You’re purchasing prescription drugs for your own use.
- You don’t ship more than an approximate three-month supply of the drug from Canada to the USA.
- The drugs do not pose an outsized risk.*
*How can you be sure you’re ordering prescription medicines that don’t post an outsized or unreasonable risk? By making sure you’re purchasing from a reputable and certified international online Canadian pharmacy.
If you’re a typical consumer, you absolutely can order prescription drugs from Canada.
Hopefully, this information is helpful.
Buying medications from a Canadian pharmacy that ships to the United States should be an option, so you can save time and money.
However, to experience those benefits without putting yourself at risk, as we mentioned, you need to be 100% confident that you’re working with a safe Canadian pharmaceutical company.
Ranking Canadian Pharmaceutical Companies that Ship to the USA
We have more good news: You don’t necessarily have to do all of the research to figure out which online Canadian pharmacy websites will be the best and safest for you to use.
Reputable online pharmacies in Canada and abroad should have the approval of at least one of these two associations.
At NorthWestPharmacy.com, we’re pleased to be certified by both. These include the Canadian International Pharmacy Association (CIPA) and the International Pharmacy Association of British Columbia (IPABC).
It’s not easy to achieve these certifications. To do so, online pharmacies must:
- Require and obtain valid prescriptions from licensed physicians before dispensing medications
- Obtain both demographic and medical information from patients before purchase
- Maintain an updated medical history for each customer, including information about their past and current prescriptions (to help avoid dispensing drugs with poor interactions)
- Keep a licensed pharmacist on staff to supervise proceedings and to be available for patient consults
- Maintain procedures for protecting patient privacy and confidentiality
- Adhere to strict product sourcing protocols and various other safety practices
This is not a comprehensive list. For example, CIPA also has stringent rules about the security of online pharmacy websites and internet payment portals.
Some online pharmacy websites try to game the system and place a fraudulent copy of the CIPA seal of approval on their websites without fulfilling the requirements. Before you buy from an online pharmacy in Canada or internationally, check out the CIPA website to see the full, current list of approved websites.
Once you’ve selected a site that you feel comfortable working with, it’s time to realize one of the most practical benefits of shipping prescriptions from Canada to the US: The incredible savings.
Pricing Popular Medications from Canada to the US
Since Canada’s pharmacies and our international partner pharmacies operate under strict regulations to keep prices low and maintain product safety, shipping medications from Canada to the US can result in lower costs and lower stress for American patients.
But – how much lower are the prices, truly?
Here are just a few examples of the low-cost pricing structure at NorthWestPharmacy.com. By exclusively sourcing prescription medications through CIPA-approved suppliers, we can provide you with low prices for:
- Chantix, a prescription drug that can help patients stop smoking. Chantix usually costs over $500.00 for a 1-month starter pack. On our site, we sell that same starter pack of Chantix for around $82.00.
- Livalo is a drug that can help patients improve their cholesterol profiles. Livalo, unlike other statins, specifically addresses high triglycerides – which makes it more expensive. One 30-day supply of Livalo starts at around $370.00 in the US. Here, you can buy a one-month supply of Livalo for about $77.00.
- Eliquis, an antithrombotic that can help treat and prevent blood clots, costs about $300.00 for one month of treatment at the lowest dose. At NorthWestPharmacy.com, we sell a 56-day supply of Eliquis for about $240.00.
Interested in Shipping Prescription Drugs from Canada to the US?
We’re passionate about helping American patients and families obtain affordable medications, and we firmly believe that partnering with Canadian pharmaceutical companies and reputable international ones that ship to the USA is a great way to do that without breaking the bank.
We also believe that navigating the process of purchasing and shipping your prescriptions from Canada to the USA should be as easy and stress-free as possible.
To make that happen, we’ve invested heavily in our customer service at NorthWestPharmacy.com.
From our service desk (staffed by friendly, knowledgeable representatives), to the multiple, swift methods of ordering, there are several ways your experience is streamlined here.
If you have any questions or are ready to place your order, we’re ready to provide any support we can.
Please feel free to contact our team at 1-866-539-5330 or by emailing us. We look forward to helping you find the medications you need at an affordable price.