How to Save on the Cost of Rybelsus (Without Needing a Coupon!)
Rybelsus is a type 2 diabetes medication. It can help people manage their weight (in addition to their blood sugar). Weightloss is a secondary function and it is this secondary function that has heightened the demand for Rybelsus, Ozempic, and other diabetes medications.
Of course, with increased demand can come skyrocketing Rybelsus costs.
How much does Rybelsus cost? Depending on the dose, where you buy it from, and how much you order, a single pill could cost over $30.00. For something patients must take daily, that’s too steep a cost to be feasible for most.
Fortunately, you can save up to 68% on Rybelsus simply by purchasing your prescription Rybelsus through an international and online Canadian pharmacy.
How Much Does Rybelsus Cost?
In the United States, the lowest available dose of Ryblesus costs about $950.00 for a 30-day supply – or approximately $32.00 for each daily pill.
For that amount of money, Rybelsus can provide real, sustained relief for people struggling with glucose management. And that’s a significant portion of people in the United States: over 30 million Americans have diabetes, the main indication for Rybelsus. And, as we just discussed, many more people could take Rybelsus for off-label benefits.
Americans who would rather not pay over $30.00 per day for this treatment have other options.
For example, American patients can pay approximately $10.00 per day for brand-name Rybelsus by shopping through NorthWestPharmacy.com. We’ll provide more information about exactly how to do that – and enjoy up to 68% savings on Rybelsus – in a moment.
First, let’s dig deeper into what Rybelsus does for people who need to take it.
What Exactly Does Rybelsus Do?
Rybelsus (semaglutide) is an oral type 2 diabetes medication that helps reduce an individual’s blood sugar, or blood glucose. Heightened blood sugar is theorized to cause (or co-exist with) many frustrating conditions, ranging from fatigue to life-threatening diabetes and even cancer.
Lowering blood sugar, therefore, is a goal for many people.
Whether a patient absolutely must keep their blood glucose in check – as is the case with diabetes – or suspects that lowering their blood sugar might help with a lifestyle goal (e.g., losing weight or improving energy), semaglutide or brand Rybelsus may be able to help.
Rybelsus lowers blood sugar by stimulating the body’s secretion of insulin. It also lowers glucagon secretion. How does this help?
- Insulin helps route blood sugar in a helpful direction, like going into your body’s cells to get metabolized into energy, instead of staying in your blood.
- Glucagon does the opposite thing. It’s a hormone that increases your body’s glucose production and generally leads to heightened blood sugar.
Now, before we discuss how much Rybelsus costs (and how to save on Rybelsus costs without a Rybelsus coupon), let’s run through a few need-to-know Rybelsus facts:
- Rybelsus treats type 2 diabetes, not type 1 diabetes. Since the price of insulin is consistently high, it can be tempting for people with type 1 diabetes to try and consider alternate therapies, but Rybelsus is not a safe option for people with type 1.
- One way Rybelsus works is by helping keep people feeling full – while, potentially, eating less. Semaglutide, the active ingredient in Rybelsus, acts as a part of the GLP1 pathway. GLP1 is a hormone your body makes to help you feel full. This feeling of satiety is not the only way Rybelsus assists with glucose management, but it may help – and it’s certainly something to be aware of before you start taking it! Of course, you’ll need to work with your doctor to ensure you’re still getting enough calories to maintain your health.
- Rybelsus does come with some side effects. Most medications do, so this isn’t a reason not to use Rybelsus if it seems like a good solution for your specific symptoms. However, you should know that taking Rybelsus can cause vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, nausea, or abdominal pain. It can also lead to hypoglycemia, mainly if Rybelsus is used along with insulin. Since hypoglycemia can be dangerous, particularly for diabetics, it’s critical to use Rybelsus only as recommended, only under the supervision of a healthcare professional.
- Your doctor may advise ramping up your dosage. Rybelsus comes in 3mg, 7mg, and 14mg tablets. You’ll probably start on a low dose for some time (usually about a month) before increasing your dose as needed. During this time, your doctor will ask you to keep an extra close eye out for any side effects. This is another good reason to take advantage of the low-cost Rybelsus available through an international or Canadian online drugstore. As expensive as low-dose Rybelsus is, this form of treatment only gets more costly if you need stronger medication.
- Rybelsus should be taken on an empty stomach. Typically, patients take it in the morning, with a small amount of water, at least a half hour before eating anything else.
The Cost of Rybelsus in the United States
As noted above, Rybelsus can retail for as much as $32.00 per pill through a brick-and-mortar American pharmacy.
To make matters worse, there isn’t a generic version of Rybelsus available right now. And currently-filed manufacturer patents indicate that a low-cost generic may not be available for at least another decade. The current patent for Rybelsus doesn’t expire until December of 2031.
This, coupled with the recent interest in semaglutide (and subsequently increased prices), could point to a future of frustrating financial decisions for those who require Rybelsus to thrive.
Now you may wonder: How much does Rybelsus cost to purchase through an international and Canadian internet pharmacy? How does it differ from American prices?
Here’s your answer.
Breakdown: Rybelsus Cost Per Month (Canada vs. America)
At approximately $32.00 per day, taking Rybelsus consistently will cost American patients nearly $1,000.00 per month. If there are no price increases, and patients don’t require increased doses, that’s $12,000.00 per year spent on glucose-balancing medication.
American patients can, alternatively, buy Rybelsus through NorthWestPharmacy.com and save thousands per year.
Here, we sell Rybelsus starting at around $300.00 for 30 pills – or $10.00 a pill, around a third of the price you’ll see in American pharmacies.
And you don’t need to deal with insurance, do hours of research to find working Rybelsus coupons, or even talk to a single person (if you don’t want to!) to place your order.
You Don’t Need a Rybelsus Coupon When You Buy from NorthWestPharmacy.com
If you’re researching ways to lower Rybelsus costs online, you’ll see many places offering Rybelsus coupons.
Often, these coupons only result in 10-30% savings. And that’s if they work (they often don’t).
Purchasing medications like Rybelsus through online Canadian pharmacies can lead to savings up to 68% – and those savings will be reliably higher than those available even with generous American Rybelsus coupons.
American pharmaceutical prices have many hoops to jump through that will make it difficult for them ever to be as cheap as Canadian prescription drug prices. For example:
American drug prices aren’t regulated. Manufacturers and pharmaceutical companies can and do charge as much as they want for prescription drugs. And, as we’re seeing right now with semaglutide, even historically cheaper drugs could be subject to massive price increases due to demand. There aren’t really any consumer protections.
For these reasons, it makes much more sense for savvy Americans to ship their medications from Canada or internationally, instead of wasting time, money, and stress hoping the American system will work in their favor.
FAQs: Rybelsus Cost, Rybelsus Coupons, Alternatives, And How to Save
What is the Monthly Cost of Rybelsus?
A typical monthly Rybelsus cost can vary significantly from around $350.00 for a thirty-day supply to over $1,000.00. That’s a wide range! If you’re looking for lower-cost Rybelsus, buying prescription meds through a Canadian online drugstore and international pharmacy is a good strategy.
Is there a Generic Rybelsus?
No, there isn’t a generic Rybelsus, yet, and it doesn’t seem likely that there will be a generic Rybelsus widely available anytime in the next several years. To get prices closer to typical generic offerings, checking out the Rybelsus cost at a Canadian online pharmacy can help.
Are there Alternatives to Rybelsus?
Yes, there are alternatives to Rybelsus. Some of the most popular type 2 diabetes medications include:
- Metformin, a medication that can help control blood glucose levels for type 2 diabetics. You can buy metformin or brand name Glucophage for around $0.50 per pill through NorthWestPharmacy.com.
- Ozempic, an injectable non-insulin prescription medication that can help treat type 2 diabetes and promote weight loss when used alongside a healthy diet.
- Januvia, a once-per day oral blood sugar medication that comes in several dosage strengths, much like Rybelsus. You can buy brand Januvia through NorthWestPharmacy.com for about $4.00 per pill.
- Jardiance, a diabetes medication that can help manage blood sugar levels and promote heart health. Here, you can buy Jardiance for around $4.50 per pill.
Is Ozempic Cheaper than Rybelsus?
Ozempic is a medication that has the same active ingredient as Rybelsus. It’s also helpful for treating type 2 diabetes, reducing the risk of heart disease, and potentially helping with weight loss. Ozempic has a similar monthly cost as Rybelsus. A thirty-day supply of Ozempic can cost as much as $1,010.00 in the United States.
How Much Does Rybelsus Cost? Less, if You Start Here
American patients seeking effective ways to manage their blood sugar are already dealing with a lot.
Fatigue. Frequent urination. Excessive hunger. Blurred vision.
Diabetes can be scary without going into financial insecurity over a required medication, or trying to figure out where to get that medication amid unexpected demand surges.
At NorthWestPharmacy.com, we built our business specifically to supply needed health solutions to Americans and others for reliably low prices.
We don’t believe that high Rybelsus costs should stand between you and the health journey you and your doctor want you to take.
Fortunately, buying Rybelsus through NorthWestPharmacy.com is as easy as:
- Asking your doctor to write a valid prescription for your Rybelsus and having them send it to NorthWestPharmacy.com.
- Finding the specific medication and dosage you need on our website, and, if you’re interested, taking the time to price-match and learn more about Rybelsus on our handy prescription medication page.
- Clicking “add to cart” and following the steps to buy Rybelsus through our safe, private online payment portal – or calling our 7-days-a-week customer service team to place your order over the phone.
We know that trusting an international online drugstore to handle your medication can initially seem daunting.
The good news?
There are several highly-respected, third-party organizations that certify Canadian pharmacies and websites, so you don’t have to worry about safety or product quality. These organizations, such as CIPA, the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, have very high standards. If an online pharmacy has the CIPA seal of approval, you can feel more secure that you and your prescription are in good hands.
Because we’re committed to customer satisfaction at every turn, Americans consistently turn to us to ship their needed medications across the border directly to their homes. If you’re interested in hearing more about their experiences, please check out our Canadian online pharmacy ratings on Shopper Approved and TrustPilot.com. We’re proud to have a 4.9/5 rating across hundreds of thousands of reviews!
When you’re ready to buy Rybelsus for up to 68% savings, check out what we offer or call 1-866-539-5330 today to speak with a friendly team member. Our international drugstore and safe Canadian online pharmacy is ready to support you and your healthcare journey.